Tuesday 7 November 2017

Steampunk Canvas for Scrap FX

Hi, today I would like to share a canvas that I have created for Scrap FX using chipboard, computer parts, buttons, metal flowers, nuts, bolts etc.  In my mind it represents the cogs that turn, the restraints and freedoms that occur whilst producing and surviving life like the tree.

I began by using a number of different stencils and Finnbair 3D gloss gel around the area I knew I wouldn't be placing the components.  I then painted the entire canvas with black gesso.  I then began placing the computer parts and bigger piece of chipboard on the canvas.  Once I was happy with the arrangement I stuck them down with either Finnabair 3D Matte gel and Heavy Body Gel depending on how bulky the piece was.


Once dry I covered completely with black gesso.
then the next layer was added - this was the smaller pieces of chipboard and little details


And once dry again another coat of black gesso



It was now time for colour - I have used Finnbair Art Alchemy Paints in the Metallique, Opal Magic and Sparks Ranges.  I will list the colours below.  I finished off with some glass beads, micro beads, glass glitter and fine glitter.
Here are some close ups:







Products Used:

  • Other Products used:
  • Tim Holtz Stencil - Measured and Mini Brick
  • Art Alchemy Paints - Metallique Royal Red, Metallique Rusty Red, Metallique Steampunk Copper, Metallique Fresh Orange, Metallique Ancient Coin, Metallique Blackcurrant.
  • Art Alchemy Opal Magic Paint  - Rose Gold
  • Art Alchemy Sparks Paint - Ginger Magic
  • Glass Beads, Micro Beads, Glass Glitter and fine Glitter.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope that this canvas has inspired you in some way to get crafty :)

No comments :

Post a Comment